Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kale on toast



OK guys, it's been a little dead around here lately so I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes. My mom makes it all the time when I'm home but this was my first time making it by myself. It's really simple but super delicious. Enjoy!

you will need:
a whole head of kale
3 cloves of garlic
olive oil
about a tablespoon of red pepper flakes
one baguette

In a pan, saute two cloves of chopped garlic and the pepper flakes in olive oil. While the garlic's cooking, cut the baguette and lay the slices on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 until they are crispy. Cut up the kale (removing the stalks) and throw it in the pan. It will cook down quite a lot. that's basically it! stir the kale once in a while and in about ten minutes or so it should be done. Rub the tops of the bread with the remaining clove of garlic and put a bunch of kale on top! yum! I'm eatin it right now- that's right, typing with one hand. oh yeah.


I'll try to post more recipes soon. I hope everyone's doing great.
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. <3 kale. Also: you should take up food photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nuttin better than having your comment repeated thricefold.

    ReplyDelete